The research done on this website is made possible by commissions earned through sales from affiliate links shared within the content. Learn more here.
Drones for photography and recreation have become very popular in the past few years. The next type of drone that will probably become popular is the battle drone. This is a type of drone that is used for gaming and competitions. Developers see a future where drones will battle in sporting events and compete in multiplayer arenas as well as competitions at a professional level. These drones are now taking advantage of sophisticated technology so that the battles can be more exciting and longer.
We look at several battle drone models that you can buy on the market today. We look at functions such as controls, durability, entertainment factor, and other functions. Here are the best battle drones that you can currently buy on the market.
The Best Battle Drones Table
*Scroll right on mobile device to see every item
The Best Battle Drones
This battle drum is more suited for children. These quadcopters are ready to fly models right out of the box. They are a lot of fun and they are the perfect drone to begin training on.
They have altitude hold so they provide a stable flying experience. You can hover them at a set height on the autopilot setting and this is just one of their great characteristics. This really isn't a serious hobby drone but more of an entertainment drone. The main market for this drone is children but they are fun for the whole family to play around with. You can use the Headless mode to fly this quadcopter in the direction that the control stick is pointing no matter where the head of the drone is pointing. There are three different speed modes as well as an easy one key takeoff and landing so you can get the drone up in the air quickly and back to you.
This device will also perform 3D flips that look impressive and it can also dodge its opponents. If this drone suffers four direct hits then it will come to a soft landing. The remote controller is a little awkward to use but after some practice, you should be able to use it properly. It has a flight time of around 9 minutes so it could use a little bit more flight time but it is still reasonable. The charging time is around 45 minutes and you also get a bonus battery when you order.
- Dimensions: 11.8 x 6.2 x 3.6
- Product Weight: 1.28 oz.
- Stabilizing gimbal: N/A
- Camera: None
- Max Range: 164 ft. (50 meters)
- Max Flying Time: 9 minutes
- Charging Time: 40–90 minutes
- Battery: 3.7 V 250mAh LiPo
- You get an altitude hold function
- There are three speed modes
- This drone is easy to fly
- One key takeoff and Landing feature
- There is a headless mode
- It can do 3D flips
- Comes in attractive colors
- You get a bonus battery
- The controller may be cumbersome for younger children
- The playtime of the device is a little short
This is a dual aircraft combination and you get two aircraft in the package. You will be able to control both of the planes at the same time by using the remote controller. The fuselage of this drone is made with lightweight, high strength, and damage-resistant plastic so it is very durable. It has an infrared induction game mode for multiplayer battles. The wings are foldable, portable, and small. The battery is easy to replace and it is also removable. The device itself is very durable and high-quality. You get an integrated package with all the parts that you need to get started.
- The device is very easy to control
- the entire package is easy to set up
- Despite the fact that the manufacturer it says the device is durable, it does suffer from some durability issues
These are excellent mini battle drones. You get two in the set and they are 2.4 gigahertz so they are ready to go. They are easy to move around and they will also do 360-degree flips in all directions.
This device has a built-in gyroscope so you can get it going by simply throwing it into the air. The built-in gyroscope is going to stabilize it for battle. You can easily chase down the enemy drones with this one. You can use the rapid-fire button or shoot accurately with the single fire I/R gun. With the first shot on your opponent, they're going to lose 30% and you will know that you have hit the target as the LED lights will start flashing. Their drone will wobble and spin in the air for a few seconds. If you get in a couple of more shots, you're going to be the champion. You get video game style controllers so these drones are easy to operate. They are simple to fly and they have easy to use shooting but I'm both the right and left corners.
- It comes with infrared which makes it easier to use during fighting
- You get the altitude hold function which keeps the drone stable as it is flying and you can hover it at a height that you want
- The drones are very lightweight yet they are sturdy. They have integrated prop guards which will protect their propellers and you can use these to mount the weapons
- The control panel for this drone is very intuitive and it works like a gaming control handset will. It's very easy to play and get a handle on these drones
- Children can easily use these drones and develop their hand and eye coordination
- These quadcopters or a brand new type of toy for children. They will learn a lot when they use these drones
- You get extra propellers with this drone kit
- You get good value for your dollar
- There is one key function for both starting and landing the drone
- There is an altitude hold function
- It doesn't come with motor guard protection
This twin pack of drones is ready to do battle. It features interactive infrared recognition so you can get into the action right away. You can battle any number of other quadcopters. You can challenge your friends or anyone else to see who has the best battle drone. Once it takes three direct hits it slowly lands and then shuts off which indicates you have been defeated. You can control these drones up to a distance of around 150 feet and you can have more precise maneuverability by using the Headless mode. These are excellent drones for anyone that wants to get into battle drones.
- You can battle multiple individuals
- After several hits, it will slowly land and then shut off
- It features a six-axis gyro
- It has interactive recognition
- You get more maneuverability with the Headless mode
- It performs rolls, flips, and turns as it’s 360 degrees
- You get three speed modes
- The battery is a 3.7V 380mAH Li-PO Battery
- The remote is 2.4 gigahertz in for channels
- It’s easy to set up as there's minimal assembly required
- You don't get spare props
- It has a shorter than normal flight time
This drone is fun for everyone. You get the two drones in the package that are set up for battle. You simply tilt the controller to a specified direction and then begin to fly it. Children will find this drone easy to operate and it will help to develop their hand and eye coordination. You can have a lot of fun with your children by using this drone.
There is a headless mode so the drone is stable and easy to maneuver. To get the drone up in the air and then back to you there is one key takeoff and landing feature. you can easily do powerful 3D Rolls by the pressing just one button. If you're new to drone flying, this is the ideal drone for you. It is quite stable and flexible as it has ABS plastic in both the fuselage and aerofoil. It's easy to control the device with a 2.4 gigahertz controller. There is two adjustable speed modes, auto hovering, and other features which make this drone easy to operate for almost anyone. It's not recommended that children under the age of eight years use this device. Make sure you read all the instructions so your children know how to use this device in a safe manner. All beginners should be supervised by an adult before they use this device.
- You get a 2.4 gigahertz 4-channel remote
- It comes with a six-axis gyro
- The control distance is around 30 m
- The battery is a 3.7V 350mAh Lipo(about 10.5g)
- The charging time is around 30 minutes
- You get a flight time of around 5 to 6 minutes
- The controller takes three AA batteries
- It comes with a headless mode, altitude hold, and Wi-Fi FPV
- The device is fast and agile
- It has a battle mode future
- You get great value for your dollar
- No known cons yet
How Battle Drones Got Started
In the mid and late 1990s, robot battles were quite popular. They had made a transition into the new millennium. The unfortunate part of this is that program such as BattleBots, Robotica, and robot wars was taken off the air. This hobby went from the mainstream to the underground where it maintained some hardcore followers.
robot battles were quite popular when they were around and you will find many videos on YouTube that feature in these robot battles. Today robot battles aren't as popular but battle drones have taken the place of these robot battles and they are gaining in popularity with many different age groups. Soon we'll probably see drone on drone battles that are going to replace the regular robot hobby.
Battle Drones Today
You can already find some instances of battle drones taking place in competitions. There are many different ones that take place across America and one of the most popular ones is called the Game of Drones which is a takeoff on the popular TV series Game of Thrones. Participants from all over the world and the United States arrive to take part in drone dueling action.
Battle drones are gaining in popularity and over the next couple of years, you will probably see them more often. There will probably be new competitions and many new drone products in the market that take advantage of this growing a genre of drones.
You may be also interested to check out these articles on our website: